Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mom's Blueberry Muffin Recipe

Another one of my mom's muffin recipes...when my sister and I were kids, my mom would bake up a batch of muffins every week and we would gobble them all up in a matter of hours...these are another one of my favourites...equally easy to put together and just as yummy when you're craving something from your childhood! My husband loves them too which means I get to bake them more often!

Mom's Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 lemon1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven 425

Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.

In another bowl lightly beat egg. Add melted butter and milk. Mix well.

Make well in middle of flour mixture. Add liquids. Stir just until there are no more flour streaks. Do not overmix. Gently stir in blueberries.

Divide among 12 muffin pan greased paper liners.

Bake 20 minutes.

Once done cool 5-10 minutes. Mix 1/4 cup butter with 1 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl. In another bowl add 1/4 cup sugar. While muffins are still warm dip tops of muffins in butter and then into sugar. Let cool.

No comments: