Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mom's Super Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins

It's my first Post...I'm so excited! I guess the first recipe I will post should be the recipe I make the most...my mom's chocolate chip muffins....I make them almost every week (at my husband's request of course!)...they are so easy - they only need 2 bowls - and from start to finish, it takes 10 minutes to prepare and that's if I'm really in slow-motion...

Mom's Super Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins (w/ Streusel)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Combine milk and lemon juice in a bowl, set aside.
3) In a medium microwaveable bowl combine flour, sugar, and butter. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. With a fork crumble. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture.
4) Beat an egg into milk. Add baking soda, let froth. Add to flour mixture. Add chocolate chips. Stir until just combined - do not overmix.
5) Divide evenly in paper lined muffin pan (12). Sprinkle with set aside streusel.
6) Bake 20 minutes.

No comments: