Super moist and chocolately! The nutella in the middle as a variation makes them rich!
My Mom's Mocha Cupcakes
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup cocoa
½ cup milk
½ cup hot water with 1 ½ tsp instant coffee powder or ½ cup coffee or espresso
1. Cream butter and sugar until light.
2. Add egg and vanilla to butter/sugar, beat well.
3. Mix next five ingredients separately.
4. Add some of the dry mixture into the sugar/butter mixture and then some milk, repeat until all is incorporated.
5. Stir in coffee.
6. Pour into paper lined muffin tin. Makes 14.
Bake 350F for 20 minutes. Cool and frost.
Note: you can add ½ tsp nutella in the middle of each muffin for a change.