Monday, March 26, 2007

My Mom's Meat Loaf

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon purging recipes in my binders and I came across this recipe for my mom's meat loaf. Since Marc and I moved in together, we haven't had this and I know Marc loves meat loaf so, that was that! Marc made his famous mashed potatoes to go with it!

My mom gave me this recipe from memory and I remember her making this by eye so I knew some adjustments might need to be made for the next time. It was really really yummy, as usual, but it needs more bread crumbs because it fell apart when we sliced it. It was still delicious though!

My Mom's Meatloaf

2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
3 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup onion
1/4 tsp Tabasco

Preheat oven to 350°

Mix altogether and transfer to a greased 8X4" loaf pan. Bake for one hour.

No comments: