Saturday, March 17, 2007

No-Bake Cream Cheese Key Lime Pie

Happy St-Patrick's Day!

Tonight we're going over to our friends' Ida and Max to help them pack! It is tradition - I ALWAYS bring dessert! Ida is a great cook so it's not because I don't trust her baking but she knows how much I LOVE baking so she lets me bring my experiments! I don't think they mind at all being my test-tasters though!

For a change, I thought I'd make a key lime pie of some sort. So I went to the Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe website - the company I buy my key lime juice from since it is impossible to find in Montreal - and as I was browsing the recipes, I came across this recipe for a no-bake cream cheese key lime pie. Plus it was fitting that it was something green for St-Patrick's day....Sold!

Not only was it incredibly easy to make - less than 10 minutes - I tasted the batter and it tastes EXACTLY like the pies we used to buy at our grocery store that are only available in the summer! We were addicted to these last summer and we must have picked up at least one every week! Now I can make it all year 'round and save money too!

Of course I made a couple minor changes. I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk, reduced fat cream cheese, and a pre-made graham cracker crust! Can't wait to have a piece tonight - I know it's going to be delicious!

Cream Cheese Key Lime Pie
Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe
From the kitchen of Gail Brown

Serves 8

This simple recipe makes a 9-inch pie and requires no baking.

Ingredients:
9-inch graham cracker pie crust
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons of Kermit’s Key Lime juice
8-ounce package of softened cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Preparation:
Combine milk, juice, and cream cheese in a mixer for 5 to 6 minutes.Pour mixture into graham cracker pie crust. Refrigerate until firm.

Serving Suggestions:
Serve chilled Cream Cheese Key Lime Pie plain or with whipped cream topping. For an interesting variation, drizzle chocolate sauce, mango sauce, and/or raspberry sauce over a slice of Key Lime pie. The complimentary flavors are sure to please.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I just forwarded this to my best friend... I know she would love this! Sounds good.

erinlovesmarc said...

Let me know how it turned out...I just got back from their house...it was really really good...yummo!