Friday, March 23, 2007

Super Foods...

It is common knowledge that garlic reduces cholesterol, pomegranates have super antioxidants, cinnamon reduces blood sugar in type-2 diabetes, and lycopene (tomatoes) reduces the risk of prostate cancer. But...did you ever wonder what the health benefits were from other foods we eat every day? I do - all the time!

Not only am I passionate about food but nutrition has always interested me. I want to know what I'm eating, why it's good for me, what should I eat more of....

So I have decided to make it my personal crusade to research the different foods that we love to eat and make a weekly posting on my blog.

My first posting will be about Chiles and Chocolate since they are what I love and try to eat most often! Check back often to see the latest super foods I have chosen (and suggestions are certainly welcome!)....

No comments: