Friday, May 11, 2007

I Have NO Willpower...

I caved! I bought ANOTHER cookbook! It's Weight Watcher's Takeout Tonight...I know what you're thinking - why are you on Weight Watcher's?! Actually I'm NOT...and NO I'm not on a diet!!! Ha...Me, count points, calories, etc...I don't think so! Our philosophy is everything in moderation...if you just try to eat 3 moderately healthy meals a day and do some sort of exercise daily you can still eat the foods you love - especially desserts!

Back to the book...I have been a member of the Cooking Light message boards for about a year now and alot of my culinary inspiration comes from the magazine and the boards...the recipes from this cookbook keep coming up with great reviews so I caved to the temptation and finally bought it! I've already put a couple or recipes on my to-try-soon list: Skinny Chimichangas, General Tso Chicken, and Lamb Souvlaki...expect reviews from this book in the near future!



5 comments:

Quellia said...

Just remember to post the recipe when you review, and save another cook-book-a-holic from rushing out to buy it when you said a recipe was good!
I'm with you - I own a weight watchers book (or did, someone borrowed it) but just because the food sounded good, not because of "diet"

Helen said...

I wish I had know, I would have sent you mine. I did WW years ago and enjoyed the book, but don't use it anymore. I am sure you will enjoy it, it's a good one.

Culinarily Curious said...

Great choice! I have an earlier edition, and I can vouch for the Scallops and Asapagus with Sake (in the Japanese section) the Thai Coconut Rice Pudding and the Greek Spanikopita. Enjoy!

Peabody said...

I like the general tso chicken and the sweet and sour chicken from there...but the sweet and sour one makes too much sauce.

Sarah said...

I have this book too! Try the scones, they are divine!