Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Watermelon-Feta Salad with Balsamic

My best friend made this for New Year's eve...it was one of the best salads I've ever had! Super yummy and sooo easy to put together!

Image Courtesy of Coastal Living

Watermelon-Feta Salad with Balsamic

4-6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

In a large bowl, gently toss together all ingredients.

Makes about 4-6 servings.

2 comments:

glamah16 said...

I made this once. I was suspicious. It tasted great. Awesome combo.

Ana said...

I love watermelon, it is my favorite fruit!
I have heard so much about the watermelon and feta combination but haven't tried it yet... definitely something I will do this summer for sure!
Your blog looks very nice Erin!
Ana