Saturday, March 08, 2008

Quiche...

Pregnancy brings weird cravings and this is definitely one of them...I haven't had a craving for quiche in years!!! I went to the Cooking Light message boards for inspiration and a member by the name of Heavy Hedonist was kind enough to suggest this winner!

The formula is simple:
1 pie shell, unbaked
1/2 -1 cup grated cheese
1 cup sauteed veggies or 1/2 cup each chopped meat and vegetables
A ratio of 1 cup milk/half-n-half to 3 eggs or 1 1/2 cup to 4 eggs
Salt, pepper and/or a dash of nutmeg
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes


I used:
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms
1/2 cup cooked/chopped chicken bacon
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/4 tsp pepper
Baked at 350 for 50 minutes

Super Yummy!

3 comments:

Shandy said...

WoW! What a great base to add just about any type of filling ingredients. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest, I would definitely try crab meat and different combos of cheese. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Definitely a different name for such an inspirational recipe to be coming from =D.
How far along are you?

erinlovesmarc said...

I'm 6 months!!! 3 months to go! Let me know which combos you try...I'm always looking for inspiration! :)

Ana said...

Ohh! Congratulations on your pregnancy Erin!! Enjoy your time with the baby in your belly, I loved my 9 months (although I was tired and ready around the 8th! hehehe!).
Feeling the baby kick is the best thing in the world, isn't it?!
Yummy recipes you have been posting!
Ana